Things I've learned swimming:
1. I can blame my receding hairline on the swim cap. Yep, that's the story I'm using!
2. The batthing suit hides NOTHING. No matter how many times I pull or tug, the back fat remains.
3. Using a kick board is deflating...and super exhausting. All these years running and I never knew just how tired my legs could really feel.
4. Pool buoy should be considered an investment and not an expense. I used the Rec Center's pool buoy (free) and it's that hard styrofoam kind of material and it chafed my thighs...ouch!
5. I should have invested in a Lotion company and will start asking for bottles of Eucerin for Christmas.
6. I am not an amphibian. Breathing while immersed is not easy and I am amazed at how uncoordinated I feel at times trying to breathe.
7. Pay the extra for a good swimsuit. My Speedo Endurance has worn like iron and I love the straps.
8. Lastly, not every practice session will go well. It's a lot like running so I know not to get deterred.
15 weeks left and at least I knowi can swim 2,000 yards. I'm no Natalie Coughlin, but I'm getting a little better each week and really starting to enjoy being in the water.