Saturday, December 8, 2012

Did I Really Agree to This?

And the answer is, "Yes, I did."

My sister-in-law, and partner in 50 states quest, innocently dangled an offer my way. Would I be interested in running a leg of one of the Ragnar Relays. I had heard about these relays. And, if truth be told, had been very very very intrigued by the idea. But I didn't think I could gather THAT many people together to run 200+ miles over 2 days. Enter Kim. And her 10 other friends...rounding out our group to the perfect number of 12. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. I have agreed to be "Runner 2" of the Southern California Ragnar Relay. If I understand correctly, I will run 3 legs as Runner 2 for a total of 21.6 miles (5.1 miles, 9.2 miles, and 7.3 miles).

I had been feeling incredibly unmotivated lately and my running had been pretty non-existent. This has been the perfect kick-in-the-pants that I needed. So join me over the next 4 months while I train to run 21 miles with Kim and her friends and enjoy the best girls weekend in Southern California. Oh, and I can't forget, Meg will be one of our drivers!

Sunny Southern California, here we come!

1 comment: