Saturday, April 5, 2014

Learning to Sew

Bridget's Daisy Troop had a field trip to Stitch! in Cleveland.  I hadn't been there, but had drive by it several times and thought it would be neat to stop.  As a parent chaperone, I was able to hang out with the girls while they learned to sew and I was so glad to be a part of this field trip!

B is 7.  I wasn't sure if that was too early to operate a sewing machine.  And I was nervous watching all those small kids operating an electric sewing machine.  You see, I stitched my thumb when I was learning to sew so I had good reason to worry! Of course, it could be my limited sewing skills, but I was still nervous.  No reason to be.  The girls did great and made cute purses.  B uses hers to carry her library books.  What great fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment