Thursday, June 11, 2009

Morning Runs

I've now completed my first week of morning runs. This is a big deal for me because I'm a ginger daywalker (see South Park if you really have to ask) and we are rarely seen in the sun. Most of my runs are in the evening...and quite honestly I've never understood happy sunshine morning people anyway - it was one group I never wanted to be a member. However, I'm really digging the 5 and 6 am runs. My running partner gave me the best compliment this morning - he looked back at me almost saying, "seriously, are we really keeping this pace?" Well, if my 5 year old black lab could have talked this morning I am sure he would have said exactly that! My next morning run will be Saturday as I check off my 17th state. My daughters (Kid A & Pablo Honey) will be cheering me on and I'm confident I will get closer to my goal of running a one hour 10k!

No comments:

Post a Comment