Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Song List Project

I gave my daughter the challenging project of putting together a running playlist of songs to motivate me for my weekend race. I figured it would be neat to hear what she thinks I like as well as what she considers motivational for a 2+ hour race. And yes, I already vetoed anything by Miley Cyrus - not a fan. But this new assignment got me thinking about stupid things like how many song have "run" or "running" in the song title. Below are a few of my favorites from my short web search:

Tom Petty - Running Down a Dream
Bon Jovi - Runaway
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
Run to You - Bryan Adams
Run - New Order
Running with the Night - Lionel Richie

It's ridiculous how much time I could waste perusing songs. So what's your favorite "running" song?

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget:
    Jay-Z, Run This Town
    U2, Running to Stand Still
    Dion, Runaround Sue
    Blues Traveler, Run-Around
    Rolling Stones, Turd on the Run
    Soul Asylum, Runaway Train

    Oh, and RUN DMC!

    (George's obsession with music could probably unveil a dozen or two more songs!)

    ReplyDelete