Saturday, October 15, 2011

Caution: Learning Curve Ahead

Last week, while riding my bike during my lunch, I had a flat tire. I always carry a tube with me, but have no idea how to change a tire. I was able to inflate the tire enough with my CO2 cartridge, but little else. After watching a you tube video, though, I decided I was ready to tackle this challenge. I even made a small note card to insert in my Banjo Brothers attachment! It took a ridiculous amount of time as I didn't fully understand or appreciate how to use tire levers. And to make matters worse, I somehow broke off part of the valve stem. Damn! So back to Century Cycle to make another tube purchase and I gave it another try. Perfection...and in record time!

Since I needed to get in a 2 hour plus ride, I decided to take my chances and test my craftsmanship. Thank goodness everything held together. Long ride accomplished and a new skill learned! And what a great display of beauty by mother nature! A good Saturday, if I may say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment