Tuesday, November 5, 2013

And Hawaii Makes 50

Since both the girls are in school, we knew the 50th (and farthest distance) state would have to wait till summer.  Secretly, I knew the race I wanted to tackle.  After thinking about it a lot (I mean, A LOT), I finally shared my crazy idea with Megan.  She agreed that if we were going to finish this insane challenge...this huge travel and racing commitment...then we needed to do it big.  Not a 5k, not a 10k, not a costume-y kind of race.  I then got up the nerve to tell Greg.  To my surprise, he said he was in.  He would race with me...

I had to do it now.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time.  And so I registered.  I emailed Greg my confirmation.  And by the next morning, he, too, was registered.

On May 31, 2014, we will close out this wonderful challenge by racing Ironman 70.3 Kona.  This will be his second half ironman...it will be my first.  Together, we will swim 1.2 miles in the ocean, bike 56 miles along the same course that we've seen on TV, and finish with a half marathon.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a trip to my local bike shop to pick up a second CycleOps trainer as there will be two of us cycling through these cold winter months.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment