Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Tackled the Tower!

37 flights...646 stairs...I did it! I finished in a respectable time of 9:05. I was hoping to finish between 9-10 minutes, but had secretly hoped I would finish betwen 8-9 minutes. I was completely shocked at how difficult this race really was while at the same time equally impressed with the seamless administration of this race by Hermes Cleveland. Each runner was released every 10 seconds and race officials kept everything running smoothly and on time. Volunteers were fantastic and oddly enough there were "water stations" on various floors. I did find out it's hard to swallow when you have searing lungs. I definitely don't think I'm interested in the Sears Tower or the Empire State Building races...although I say that now, you never know...but for now, I am content with my finish time and I'm hoping that my legs hold me up long enough to complete my 10-mile run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment