Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It Takes a Village

Sunday was another long run. I was surprised I wasn't sore from running the race on Saturday. I got to run in my FAVORITE running location - the Metroparks. Each time I run my route, I always envision sending in a picture to Runner's World as part of their Fave Run section...absolutely beautiful, natural setting. I ran the first 6 miles with my 5-year old black lab, who acted like it was his first run as a puppy. He was so excited and happy that I almost forgot how long we had been running. Great way to make the time fly! At 6 miles, my family came for a "pitstop" giving me my Gu packet (that I forgot to take with me). They gave me encouragement and were a nice break in the middle of a long run. Off Jameson went and I completed the last 4 miles alone...soaking up the breathtaking scenery surrounding me...and thinking about how lucky I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment