Sunday, October 11, 2009

Vanity and Other Sins

Four weeks until I get to cross off the 20th state. One full week with absolutely no running...nada, zilch, zero. You see, two weeks ago I attended a wedding and reception where I debuted 6" stilletto heels...gorgeous works of art in which I received numerous compliments AND a calf strain which "popped" on my run a couple days after the wedding. I didn't take the strain seriously and tried running again and, this time, I was forced to take the pain seriously. So it's cross training for me on the cycle ops in the basement for the next two weeks, a swim here and there and NO MORE STILLETTOS - at least not for 7 hour stretches. Vanity...you devil.

1 comment:

  1. hope you are feeling better! beware of too much cycling - rest it up & ice,ice baby.

    ReplyDelete