Friday, July 9, 2010

Simply Put - It's Been a Good Week

Fitness-wise, I had a challenging 20-mile bike ride with my husband on Monday. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would find biking to be "quality time" or that I would consider a bike helmet as a cool accessory! Wednesday, I swam 800 meters and it felt wonderful and I still marvel at how relaxed I feel afterwards. I'm also learning not to cringe or criticize when I see myself in a swim suit. This morning, I treated myself to a short 4-mile run while dodging rain and it was just wonderful time spent with my thoughts. It was good. I got back to the quiet house, gave the dog some attention, had a warm cup of Joe, then woke up the kids. Beautiful.

Leave you with an inspiring quote: "I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." Diane Ackerman

1 comment: