Monday, July 5, 2010

A Weekend of Spontaneous Fun

While we were originally planning on hanging out in Chautauqua for the holiday weekend, we made a last minute decision to stay put. And so glad we did. But I am exhausted! Friday was a wonderfully relaxing evening enjoying the Cleveland Orchestra at Blossom. This was a first for us and we found out we were novices with respect to our "picnic" supplies. It was a spontaneous, unplanned activity so we thought we were prepared with our blanket, bottle of wine, 2 platic red solo cups (remember, red solo=part supply at OU), corkscrew, Bridget's Dora cup and goldfish crackers. We entered the land of professionals with THEIR picnic supplies ranging from cheese trays to dessert options to catered dinners from Whole Foods. People actually had those metal wine stands that insert into the lawn. I didn't see any other solo cups *giggle*. But we had fun and so did Bridget. Beforehand, I tried a Heavy Seas IPA and I strongly recommend this lovely liquid goodness.

Saturday we rode our bikes to Blackbird Bakery for morning yumminess. Afterwards, I primed and sealed one side of the garage (can you say beast of a project?!). On the Cleveland Foodie website, Michelle challenged her readers to eat and buy local from July 3-10 to help infuse more economic gain into the local community. So we had breakfast at Blackbird, lunch at TJ's Butcher Block in Lakewood (amazing) and dinner at Johnny Mango in Ohio City (one of my favs). After dinner, Greg surprised us with a trip to Tremont Scoops for ice cream for Greg and Bridget and Banyan Tree for me! Woohoo new earrings (local).

Sunday was my 10-miler, which has become a medium distance run anymore. It felt wonderful. Just. Simply. Wonderful. We met for breakfast on Herb's patio. Then more garage priming-ugh. Greg and B had a little pooltime then a nap. And I was still priming. And I was still trying to remember why I was doing this project instead of contracting it out? Hmmmm.


Monday I had a cycling date with my husband. We biked 20 miles with the Rock Hall as our destination/turn-around point. It was so neat to see the downtown skyline from the gold coast and then to see the gold coast skyline from the Rock Hall. We capped off our ride with drinks at Erie Island coffee shop before heading back to be parents and homeowners. And then I primed the garage some more. Only today I battled a group of wasps. I hate those things and shot half my wasp/hornet can periodically throughout the afternoon. Damn insects. Tonight we grilled out - all locally owned foods. So this weekend, no chains and no Starbucks. It feels good actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment