Saturday, October 23, 2010

Airline Failed to Load the Jogging Stroller

Tomorrow is the 10k race with my daughter wherein I will be pushing her in the jogging stroller. I've made our costumes and we've been anticipating this race for weeks. I "gate checked" the jogging stroller before getting on our flight. I even told the flight attendant to please make sure the stroller gets onboard because we have a race in the morning. I get to Houston. No f'ing stroller. The fine people in Houston told me I couldn't file a claim till my final destination. I explained on deaf ears that I had gate checked the stroller with a generic blue gate check tag and was pretty sure the stroller couldn't communicate it's final destination. Long story short, the business card I left in the stroller at least revealed my name and it should arrive by 3am. Swell. Great. Great day of travel. The only shining moment is that my travel expert husband was able to secure me a backup jogging stroller rental. So this race is going to happen!

5 comments:

  1. I hope that your stroller has joined up with you by now and you are off to the races. unbelievable....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stroller update: noone knows where it is. We'll be using the rental, which is better than carrying Bridget like a backpack for 6 miles! There'll be no PR today, but we'll have a great story to tell of our travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no...I hope it appears before you head home...talk about serious breakage of that rule 'don't use anything you have not used before' for race day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man I cannot believe they lost your stroller! :( Hope you manage to have a fun mother daughter race despite difficulties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sucks. Cant say that I am surprised tho. They once lost my cat for a day.

    ReplyDelete