Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Wonders of Dry Shoes and Dry Socks!

I had a 20-miler on this morning's agenda with a 10-miler scheduled for tomorrow. So it wasn't like I could just postpone my run hoping that tomorrow's forecast would be better. I dressed accordingly with my windbreaker (uhm, it wasn't waterproof I learned) and headed out the door. Here's the best part: I only wore the windbreaker to provide protection for my iPhone. I didn't care if I got wet, but I was going to treat my phone with care! Anyway, I hovered under a tree for cover and texted Meg to bring me dry socks and shoes. She showed up at mile 11 and I couldn't believe the difference! I was so cold and wet, but with dry shoes and socks I had enough energy to finish out the remaining 9 miles. And the bold cup of coffee at Erie Island was the perfect way to warm me up, plus it was wonderful sharing a cup of coffee with my not-so-little, almost 17-year-old pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment