Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sedona and the Grand Canyon


The United States really has some spectacular natural beauty. Sunday and Monday we visited Sedona and the Grand Canyon. The red rock formations and the amazing panaramic views just took our breath away.

I simply could not believe the vastness of the Grand Canyon and we must have taken several dozen pictures. Each direction you looked, the view just kept getting more and more impressive.






Highlights included staying overnight in Flagstaff. We were so tired, that we ordered a pizza, sat in the lobby and enjoyed Toy Story 2 on Disney. We practically had the lobby to ourselves, with a roaring fire and reminiscent of a ski lodge (but was actually Embassy Suites!). It was like our little traveling pizza and a movie family night. I absolutely loved this. Oh yeah, and I was still in my shorts and flip flops while watching the snow falling in Flagstaff. How freaking cool is that?!

1 comment:

  1. I see a new profile photo in the mix here.

    Always feel the same way regarding visits to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Looking forward to tackling my next run there - if I ever decide to begin training...

    ReplyDelete