Sunday, August 28, 2011

Love It When A Plan Comes Together

On a whim, and thanks for low airfare out of Pittsburgh, my girls and I will be hitting up the great state of Massacusetts for a weekend 5k. And yes, that will be state #34! But the best part is how we gave this weekend getaway a theme - Boston Authors.

Since the race isn't till Sunday, we'll spend Saturday bouncing around Concord to visit Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, Nathaniel Hawthorne's Old Manse, and Thoreau's Walden. We'll also check out the Minutemen National Park. Best of all, the weekend we're there is a special reenactment - costumes and everything! Both Meg and Bridget are excited - bonus! The race is in Cambridge, which is truly beautiful in the fall. Can't wait. Oh, and did I mention it's an Oktoberfest race and they award prizes for the best costumes. Looks like I have a little sewing to do...

To prepare for this trip, I've decided to polish up on my Boston Authors. Time to reread Little Women, read Scarlett Letter (for the first time, I know, right?), and reread Civil Disobedience. So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment