Friday, March 23, 2012

Travel and Races

As I told the Mr. yesterday, I have the "itch" to travel for a race. I don't know if it's the combination of not checking off any states for the past couple of months or the fact that I can't stand how high the airfares have become, but I have the itch to run elsewhere. So as a happy compromise, I registered for two Columbus races.

I know, that's not REALLY traveling. But with a 5-year-old, oh yes it is traveling! Anything over 30 minutes constitutes a trip!

And off we shall go next week for a race that starts and finishes at COSI. I'm excited because I get in a race (a short one), and I can take the girls somewhere fun. Best of all, it's ok to wear my running clothes because I will have just completed a race. And who doesn't love not having to shower and get cleaned up to go somewhere?! Bonus!

Oh, did I mention that when you sign up for the two races - a 5k and a 10k - you get a Brooks Running Jacket and a tech tee. Awesome! And, there's more. Jeni's Ice Cream is one of the sponsors so I'm pretty darn excited to try out their stuff, which I've heard so many good things about!

Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Love COSI and my previous hometown of cbus! Hope you are having a great time and got to sport your fab new sunglasses!! Jenis is the best..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was too good of a deal to pass up: COSI for the girls, a Brooks Running jacket for me, and Jeni's ice cream!

    ReplyDelete