Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Off and Running

Although I "technically" began training for the Disney half marathon earlier this week, today was my first actual run. Most of the week consisted of time on the elliptical...which is still exercising, but completely different than a full out run. So while I was passing the time away on my 4-miler, I decided I would write down, via this blog, some personal goals for 2009. Nope, not New Year's resolutions since those so often result in being pushed aside. These are short, realistic yet challenging goals...and I invite husband (aka co-author of this blog) to post his as well.

  1. I will run a 2 hour, 15 minute half marathon this year. This will, of course, require me to actually do crunches and weight training...maybe even plyometrics (shiver!). My personal best was a 2 hour 25 minutes 48 seconds at the Waddell and Reed half marathon in October 2008.
  2. I will run a 60 minute (and change) 10k this year. My personal best was 1 hour 4 minutes 22 seconds in Pittsburgh in September 2008.
  3. And, not fitness-related, I will use less profanity this year (there goes my moonlighting job as a truck driver).

The best part of today's run is that my thighs were screaming at me afterwards...I really missed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment