Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Week in Review

The best way to sum it up is that today all I wanted was some broccoli, or red peppers, even carrots, cauliflower and brussel sprouts would be fantastic. What I didn't want was another cookie, candy or sweet. I definitely didn't want any sodium-rich ham or anything that had potatoes as an ingredient. I just wanted vegetables. I don't know about you, but my body (and my brain) crave the good stuff and I just feel better. Even though I enjoy family gatherings and love the holiday season, I am also excited to get back to my normal routine, including putting together my weekly menu - which will feature (drum roll, please) vegetables!

On the running front, I actually had an enjoyable, albeit cold and windy, 15-mile run on Saturday as well as getting in my traditional Christmas morning run. I even hit the gym Tuesday and reintroduced myself to the rowing machine and started back with squats, situps, tricep dips and pushups. I loved how my body screamed at me the next morning!

Hope your holiday celebrations included good food and wonderful memories with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment