Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another Good Week (and some sunshine)

I'm slowly increasing my mileage and feeling much stronger. Yesterday, I tackled my 15-miler and, yes, it did hurt at the end. But yesterday I became an ice bath believer. I came home, dropped to the floor, had Meg give me her 3 minute massage, then I hopped into my first ice bath. I had been hearing so much about the good benefits of an ice bath, so I figured, what the hell, I'll do it, too. And it works! Today, my quads and hamstrings aren't screaming at me (usually they do after a long run). Already today, I've easily gone up and down the stairs at least 10 times and I'm not hobbling or miserable. I think ice baths are a "keeper".

My weekly rundown for 3/1 - 3/7:
Monday - rest.
Tuesday - tempo run of 4 boring miles on the dreadmill.
Wednesday - speed session of 4x800 at 6.5 and 7.0 (last one only) with 400 recovery at 4.2 miles. Total distance: 3 miles.
Thursday - 1 hour spin class.
Friday - 3 mile run with jogging stroller (this counts in my world as strength training).
Saturday - 15 miles with several hills in between. This run was not flat, but I'm not complaining because the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and I enjoyed hearing the sound of rushing water. It sounded like Spring to me.

Weekly total: 25 miles

January total: 53.5 miles
February total: 78.75 miles

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Ice baths and evil necessity when getting in long runs and upping mileage :)

    ReplyDelete