Monday, March 15, 2010

Week in Review: 3/7-3/14

This week I eased back a bit, partly to prevent injury and partly to avoid burnout. And it was the best thing I could have done (after the initial guilt wore off!).

Monday - 3 mile recovery run at 5.8mph (10:20 pace). Strength training of 50 squats, 50 overhead lifts with medicine ball, and the elevens.

Tuesday - weight lifting and 1600m row during lunch. A 4-mile run with Bridget in the jogging stroller and Meg on her bike (yep, Mitchell's afterwards!).

Wednesday - rest.

Thursday - 4.5 mile outdoor tempo run maintaining a 10:00 pace during lunch. One hour Hot Powerful Yoga with Tammy at Inner Bliss. This was my 1 hour "Robin" time that Meg gave me. It. Was. Pure. Bliss.

Friday - Phoenix.

Saturday - 3 mile early morning run with Greg in 60+ degree sunshine. Afterwards, the Carlin clan hiked Camelback Mountain. I'll post pictures tomorrow. What an amazing view of Scottsdale. 

Sunday - due to plane travel, the loss of 2 time zones, and moving the clock forward, I couldn't squeeze in my long run. But that's ok. I felt stronger this week and the body always benefits from rest!  

No comments:

Post a Comment