Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting Nervous

So last night I had a terrible dream. A nightmare, if you will. I dreamt that I had an inner ear infection that caused me horrible balance problems and kept toppling over while trying to run the marathon. Holy crap! I normally worry about twisting an ankle while wearing my Kelly Ripa-esque heels or being plagued by foot, shin, knee or hip problem (who says you only have to check one box on runnig ailments?) but inner ear issues? Talk about an overactive imagination?!

So to borrow from Elizabeth, I have an "A" and "B" goal. My grand goal is to finish in 4:59:59. My back-up plan is to finish by 5:15. I'm excited, but apprehensive at the same time. The weather looks decent with a high of 64 and morning showers. I'll take it. Certainly beats the heat and humidity of the past several weekends. Off to bed for much needed rest, then morning flight, expo, then race day!

3 comments: