Saturday, June 19, 2010

I PR'd Grandmas's Marathon

I redeemed myself from my train wreck performance in October 2007 at the Marine Corps Marathon. Although I didn't hit the "A" goal, I did meet the "B" goal and I couldn't be happier. I finished in 5:15:46, which is a 44 minutes better than my MCM time and a PR by 35 from my PF Chang's Arizona time. I had stomach issues when I woke up and couldn't eat anything and was reduced to eating ice cubes for the last 8-9 miles - not sure what the story was there. But even with the toasty temps, humidity, warm headwinds and stomach isisues, I still kicked butt. I'll write up a proper report after I sort everything out in my head.

If you haven't been to Duluth, you should. It is beautiful and a lovely town with something for everyone. I really like this place and I'm having a tough job narrowing down my dinner search. There are THAT many places!

2 comments:

  1. You did fabulous even with tummy trouble - that is so awesome! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! I loved the course and this town. It was rolling hills and it was beautiful (rough long ascents but no killer hills).

    ReplyDelete