Thursday, June 24, 2010

Movie Recommendation: Elegy

While the kids and husband were away, I took advantage of the "me" time and actually watched a DVD from START to FINISH. What a luxury. I am a fan of both Ben Kingsley and Penelope Cruz. I obviously have a thing for bald men (I heart Ben Kingsley since Sexy Beast) and Megan and I are notorious for being spellbound whenever Penelope speaks. This movie was not only a pleasure to watch, but the dialogue was smart, there seemed to be chemistry, the story line was plausible, and the acting was quite good, including the late Dennis Hopper's role. Not appropriate for children, but well worth watching. I give it two thumbs up :)

1 comment:

  1. Do I comment on every blog post? let me know if this is creepy behavior!

    But I have to say after seeing Volver, I am pretty darn sure that Penelope Cruz is the most beautiful person in the world but I don't seem to hate her for that.

    Love Ben but I never got over his sinister turn in Death and the Maiden ...

    ReplyDelete