Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tapering Is a Curious Thing

So my third marathon is now less than a week away. This morning was my last "long" run, although I called my 8-miler a short run. It had gotten to that. Eight miles, who knew it could feel so quick. And what's with this amazing performance this morning. I ran like I was part gazelle (I'll always be part elephant so indulge me in my weak belief that I could be part gazelle at the same time). I ran with little effort. It's possible that my run was due to the fact that I am in full taper and the body is not totally and utterly worn down. It could also be due to the fact that I was only able to run twice this week because of my demanding work schedule and I was thrilled to be able to squeezein a run. Or it could be because I wanted to hurry up before the so-called thunderstorms hit. Whatever the reason, it sure felt good. And it reminded me of why I love to run!

3 comments:

  1. I think blogger needs a like button too! Glad your taper is workin' its magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I hope the marathon goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karen and Elizabeth! I'm actually excited and hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete