Sunday, June 5, 2011

Celebrating Our 7th Anniversary

A very easy date to remember: 6-5-04. We purposely picked that date because it was an idiot-proof way to remember your own wedding date and, best of all, it sounded like a rocketship countdown. We can add another number to that now - 7. Seven very wonderful, exciting, adventurous, and always amusing years together. Kids. Dogs. Vacations. Yardwork. It's all there.

We celebrated first at Y.O.L.O.'s Wine Bar in Battery Park. I had a fantastic drink called "Stormy Morning" made with Creme de Violette, St. Germain, and Prosecco. The bartender told us that Creme de Violette is an old-fashioned spirit and it gave the drink the perfect taste and color. And besides, it's the name of my bike. I had to try it.


Next, we headed to bac to try our hand at some raved-about asian cuisine in Tremont. Oh my gosh, the food was amazing. Amazing. Greg had a bahn mi sandwich and I had the kim chi noodles. We started off with some summer sangria, a side of edamame and two chorizo spring rolls. Great dinner and wonderful service. Afterwards, we went to a late night movie - that's right, a movie not during the "matinee" hours. Could we stay awake? Yes, we did! We saw Hangover 2. While it was good, I still thought the first Hangover was heads and shoulders superior.

And gift exchanging. Since 7 is copper, I surprised Greg with a beautiful piece of art from Copper Leaf Studios. If you haven't seen Christie's work, you really must pay her website a visit. We saw her at an art show around Christmas time in one of the old Cleveland warehouses and swore we'd have to keep her in mind. I figured one of her copper Cleveland-inspired pieces would be perfect for this anniversary and she was simply wonderful to deal with! I bought Greg the Great Lakes piece and he loved it.


For me, he gave me the Mary Tyler Moore package from a local day spa. It's a massage, a facial and a pedicure. I think it will be the perfect "recovery day" post-race when I return from Alaska! And what a wonderful name, too! I so adored watching her show when I was a kid with my mom. If I remember correctly, my mom liked Donald!

Hope your weekend was just as grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment