Sunday, June 5, 2011

Girls with Sole 5k Race Event


Beautiful weather, wonderful cause, great company, and an amazing 4-year-old in the jogging stroller! That's a recap of my Sunday morning. I woke up at 6:00am with every intention of running 9 miles before the 8:00am 5k race. After piddling around petting Jameson and feeding him powdered donuts while loading up my fuel belt, my 6:00am start time turned into 6:25! Yikes! So I wasted no additional time and pounded out 8 miles before meeting Greg at 7:45am for the hand off of Bridget in the jogging stroller. My little doodlebug is a whopping 45 pounds, add in the 15 pounds for the jogging stroller, and I was toast! Even though I had already ran 8 miles, I was happy to be running 11-minute miles while pushing B. Good run, great company, and the best tasting banana granola pancake post-race!

No comments:

Post a Comment