Thursday, July 7, 2011

OWS with Liquid Lifestyles

Tonight I attended an open water swim clinic with instructor Leah from Liquid Lifestyles. Best $20 spent. It was an hour fighting 3-5 foot swells, which terrified me at first. But after listening to her relaxing way of coaching, I actually started feeling more comfortable and found myself really enjoying the water. We practiced running in, dolphin diving, freestyle with breathing from different sides, breast stroke, sighting and exiting the water.

When I first got there and saw the choppiness, I almost ran back the car. Thank goodness I prepaid! So I put my big girl panties on, zipped up my wetsuit and introduced myself to Leah. I'll be going back to the next session in two weeks - it was THAT enjoyable!

I'm not looking to blaze any trails Sunday, but I at least know I'll be better prepared after tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment