Sunday, May 19, 2013

Well, That Was Hard, But Worth It

Today, I finished the Cleveland Rite Aid half marathon. While my finish time was reflective of the training (or lack thereof) that I had, it sparked something in me. I love running. And I love racing.

I had originally registered for this race in February - well before deciding to sell our house and spend EVERY evening boxing up the contents of our home, which interfered with efforts at consistent training. But I love this race event and enjoy the course even more. We have an amazing city. Even though my longest run was 10 miles, and I sure did feel the distance, I truly enjoyed visiting the various Cleveland neighborhoods on foot. For example, the Guardians on the the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge are breathtaking!

So if time allows, this weeks I will squeeze in some speed work and get back the basics!

No comments:

Post a Comment