Saturday, April 3, 2010

An Egg-citing Day

Corny, I know, but I couldn't resist. Today was Bridget's first Easter egg hunt and all four of us were excited!



Week in Review for 3/29 - 4/4:

Monday - rest and recovery from Sunday's 25k race.

Tuesday - 4 mile tempo run. First two miles in 19:32 and second two miles in 18:38! The "elevens" before work.

Wednesday - shopping with my girls for resort wear (talk about a real workout!).

Thursday - 1600m row in 7:37. 3 sets of 20 each of box jumps and kettleball swings. The elevens followed by 20 lunges.

Friday - 18 mile long run. The first 10 were right on target or goal pace. But the 77-82 degree heat was draining me. I packed two water bottles on my fuel belt and ran out. Fortunately Big Met Golf Course had indoor water fountains. Miles 13-15 were ugly and I considered quitting. But Greg and Bridget met me and Meg for a picnic lunch at 15.5 miles. Turned out my last 2.5 were pretty good. I iced my knees later in the day, but recovered pretty well.

Saturday - 3 miles walking with the family. Legs feeling surprisingly well.

This week's total miles: 25 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment