Friday, April 16, 2010

Flying Solo

Just booked my flight, car and hotel for Grandma's Marathon. Due to the logistics and expense of checking off the state of Minnesota, it just was too cost prohibitive for all of us to travel. So I'm traveling sans kids and hubby. Most moms would probably be thrilled at the thought of having 2 days and 2 nights all to themselves. But not me. I actually love traveling with my girls. And to be honest, I haven't a clue how to entertain myself. I'm trying to book my time so that I take a bus tour of the course and get to listen to Dick Beardsley and Kara Goucher speak. So instead of whining and whimpering about being by myself, I'm actually going to go to my first carb-loading pasta dinner and I will plop myself down at a table full of strangers and hopefully be able to blog later about making new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment