Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Hampshire and Vermont Here We Come


Looks like a "girl's weekend" has been confirmed! Me and my little princesses are heading out to New England for a little girly fun, which includes watching Mom run. On the plus side, this little weekend jaunt will also include lots of fun, food, shopping and giggles! Can't wait! I've never been to Vermont and I'm looking forward to having some Ben & Jerry's (in their home state).

So I will leave you with some fun Vermont facts (who says traveling and running can't be educational, too?!):

1. Montpelier, VT is the only state capital without a McDonald's and, until 1996, VT was the only state without a Wal-Mart (I'm loving this state more and more).
2. In ratio of cows to people, VT has the greatest number of dairy cows in the country.
3. And my favorite fun fact: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream company gives their ice cream waste to the local Vermont farmers who use it to feed their hogs. The hogs seem to like all of the flavors except Mint Oreo (really? I love Mint Oreo).

Now, we can't leave out New Hampshire:

1. In 1833 the first free public library in the United States was established in Peterborough (I love the library).
2. Levi Hutchins of Concord invented the first alarm clock in 1787 (can't say I'm a fan of alarm clocks).
3. New Hampshire adopted the first legal lottery in the twentieth century United States in 1963 (looks like I have to buy at least one lottery ticket while there).

Road trip here we come! Time to put together the iTunes playlist!

3 comments:

  1. How is it possible that you are racing in New Hampshire/VT in JULY on the weekend when I won't be there? That's not right! Love love love Stowe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, we are so excited. Ben & Jerry's factory tour, sipping Green Mountain coffee, picnic at Wolfeboro, and just girly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That factory tour is the best - be sure to check out the graveyard. Green Mountain's 'Lake and Lodge' Roast -yummy. You can rent bikes for an easy bike ride on a nice path in Stowe - so much awesomeness. We have got to get a get together on the books (in Ohio :)

    ReplyDelete