Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blueberries and a PR

I sometimes am amazed at just how much fun I can have on a Saturday in CLE. The morning started off with a 5k for a wonderful cause - the Youth Challenge. Megan and I joined Karen for a morning of PowerBars and a PR. I still can't believe it, but I set a personal best by almost 5 minutes finishing in 27:51!!! Thanks, Karen and Megan, for sharing this with me!


Afterwards, we joined up with Greg and Bridget and went to Hillside Farms in Hinckley to pick blueberries. Look how full the blueberry bushes are!

Armed with buckets, we immediately started picking the bushes clean!

Bridget proud of her work.

We waddled out of there with enough blueberries for pancakes, muffins, and any other creative concoction our imaginations can come up with. Mmmm an I'll put a few in my beer - I'm smiling already.

What a great day!

2 comments: