Friday, May 6, 2011

Musical Motivation

Since I generally "check" my magazines out of the library, it means I'm rarely reading the current issue. Yesterday, I knocked out the March 2011 issue of Fitness magazine. In their Live Healthy section, there was a neat article in which various Fitness editors responded to which song lyrics do they put on "mental repeat" to get them psyched for racing or working out. A few of the lyrics/songs were:

• "Ain't nothin going to break my stride. I got to keep on moving." (Break My Stride, Matthew Wilder)
• "Take it easy. take it easy. Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy." (Take It Easy, The Eagles)
• "What you waiting for. What you waiting for". (What You Waiting For, Gwen Stefani)

I think for me it's any song by the Red hot Chili Peppers. But if I had to choose one, it'd be Breaking the Girl by RHCP. To me, the song is infectious. The lyrics, the beat, Anthony Keidis' voice. I get lost in the song and find that "zone" that allows me to dig deep.

So what's your musical motivator? Do you have a go-to song that triggers that "go deep" feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment