Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's a Matter of Time Before I Have Webbed Feet

My husband keeps trying to assure me that EVERYONE in the Midwest is dealing with rain right now. Whatever. I am dealing with rain. Cleveland is dealing with rain and, if evolution holds true, I will acquire the webbed feet as survival!

Last night, I cut the grass while it was sprinkling. Sprinkling is the closest I'm going to get to a dry, sunny day and when the grass starts tickling your calves, it's time to intervene. Bridget splashed around in puddles and I cross trained by pushing a lawn mower through heavy wet grass. Fun times had by all.

But a funny thing happened. It stopped raining at exactly 8:43pm. I ran inside, laced up my sneakers, leashed up the dog and bolted for a quick 3-miler. And it was my turn to splash through all the sidewalk puddles!

2 comments:

  1. The sun actually came out while I was on my lunch break! Crazy, but true. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been raining nonstop here in Pennsylvania too. There are brief windows of sun, but they are brief indeed. Looks like I will be running in the rain tonight.

    ReplyDelete