Thursday, May 3, 2012

30 Days of Biking: Final Week

Three chilly rides this week. With the warmer weather right around the corner, I think we'll be out enjoying the evenings by bike more often.


This may be one of the sweetest pictures I've taken of my girls. We decided to ride our bikes to the library and I was trailing behind them. Bridget's getting very confident in her riding skills, but I still like Meg to take the lead, then I protect from the rear. I was listening to their conversation - Bridget was asking Megan if, when Megan went away to college, they could Facetime every day because she was going to miss her. Awww - I was seriously holding back tears from that conversation.


It was Saturday night, we had just gotten back from dinner (think full belly here), and Bridget reminded me that we hadn't gone for our bike ride yet. Are you kidding me?! I started this thing, so I had an obligation to see it through. Off we went for a ride around the block. As you can see from her hat, it was chilly!

I didn't snap a picture, but Meg rode alongside me while I ran 6-miles on Sunday. So Meg gets credit for Sunday's ride during this wonderful 30 Days of Biking.

Challenge completed!

Total miles this week: 9 miles

Total April cycling miles: 51.5 miles

2 comments:

  1. awww that is sweet. She's going to miss her sissy. Congrats on completing the challenge! What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family! I thought for sure you would bike to the popcorn fun last night - we missed you!!! Hope all is well and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete