Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Baked Parmesan Artichoke - Yum!
1 whole artichoke, rinsed thoroughly
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon unseasoned breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Trim artichoke stem and about 3/4 - 1 inch off the tip of the artichoke.
2. Use scissors to snip thorned tips from the end of the leaves.
3. Place artichoke facing up in a steamer basket over 2" boiling water. Steam for 20 minutes.
4. Remove artichoke from steamer, let artichoke cool to room temperature, and preheat oven to 350* F.
5. Place artichoke, facing up, in a shallow dish. Fill dish with chicken broth until there is approximately 1/2 inch of liquid. Place bay leaf in the chicken broth.
6. In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, oregano and garlic; mix to combine. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the artichoke, making sure to get some in between the leaves.
7. Cover with a foil tent. Bake for 45 minutes.