Sunday, January 31, 2010

Please Mr. Groundhog - No More Winter

Brrr...another cold, snowy, but only slightly windy run today. Puppy and I settled on a nice 8-miler through the Rocky River Reservation of the Metroparks. I cannot say it enough that we are so lucky to have such a beautiful place to run. The sun was shining which somehow made the 24 degree temps bearable. I was surprised how few runners we saw today, and even more surprised by the number of cyclists I saw. Double brrrr on cycling in 24 degree temps!

So my weekly rundown:
Monday - rest
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - 3 mile run, avg 5.7 mph or 10:31 pace.
Thursday - 1000m row, 30 squats, 750m row, 20 squats, 500m row, 10 squats
Friday - walked like John Wayne from the squats; no yoga due to a retirement party
Saturday - 3 mile trail run
Sunday - 8 mile run

I'm calling Monday and Tuesday "rest" days when, in fact, that's code for not doing anything. I have to admit I really missed my Friday night yoga, but the retirement party was for three coworkers and was important to attend. An otherwise good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment