Thursday, September 9, 2010

Excited about October & November

October and November are going to be such great family fun months. Besides bringing wondeful autumn temperatures and breathtaking scenery with changing leaf colors, October and November will be filled with "mini" family racing vacations...or race-cations as they will be known in this family. Kicking off October, Greg and I will tackle not only our first Adventure Race but our first race as a team. Let's hope we're not like one of the dysfunctional couples from the Amazing Race, but a fine-tuned team! Later in October, Bridget and I will be teaming up to tackle a 10k race with her in the jogging stroller and both of us in Halloween costumes. The Day of the Tread race will be lined with pumpkins as course markers and will have exciting kids Halloween activities and food (as well as burritos) post-race! Then over the Veterans holiday, Meg will be joining me as I tackle my first ultra race, hoping to finish 50k before the 6-hour cutoff. It's going to be a close one, that's for sure!

Not only will I have some fantastic one-on-one family time, but I'll also rack up enough airline miles to maintain my Silver status! Woohoo!

1 comment: