Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hello Legs, It's Me, Robin

This morning was my scheduled 18-miler. I woke up at the same ridiculously early time of 6:30 am and out the door at 6:50. Although I am not an early morning runner, I do enjoy watching the sky go from dark to light. But this morning, I felt I was in slo-mo compliments of Thursday's P90X session. My glutes and quads were not at all interested in my ambitious morning agenda! Even during moments I could hear the P90x guy screaming Banana! Superman! Banana! And Superman! I know if I can stick with at least 2 sessions each week, my running will improve. Unfortunately, this also means walking John Wayne right before a gunfight. My one product endorsement would be for Theraballs. I have an orange one and Megan works MAGIC with it. Ten minutes of Theraball working out the knots and kinks and I am off and moving with less hobble.

A couple hours later, we hit up RIPE at the Botanical Garden and I scored myself a jar of habanero pickles from Fire. I've already eaten one and loved the all-over mouth burning sensation!

We even checked out Ingenuity Fest. Very interesting to say the least.

Good luck to Akron marathoners today. You had a beautiful day weather-wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment