Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our Halloween Race in New Mexico - 200th Post!


Bridget and I have decided we will dress like the characters from her favorite book, Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy, for our Halloween race in Albuquerque next month. So this weekend, I'll be putting together my costume. She already has her ladybug costume, thank goodness. For mine, I've decided I will pick up a yellow running shirt and sew bold black stripes across it. I'll wear my tri shorts underneath and stitch together a yellow tutu of tulle fabric with a black ribbon stitched in. I'll need to pick up a headband with antennae to complete the look! Stay tuned for pics of the final product this weekend.

Also on our agenda is an introduction to orienteering this weekend for Greg and I. I'm physically fit to bike and trek, but paddling requires a level of coordination that will be interesting at best. Especially when one of us has to stand up in the canoe to punch our control card at a checkpoint! No matter, we will have fun, probably get wet (I better pack everything in ziploc baggies!), and have some great stories I'm sure. And it's just 2 quick weeks away!

1 comment:

  1. Love the costume idea! Good luck with the canoeing this weekend - sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete