Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trip to the Backpacker's Shop

I would say today's shopping trip was unusual, but I'm finding outdoorsy shopping seems to be more of the norm here than, say, Banana Republic or GAP. We took our Adventure Race shopping list with us and headed down the road to the Backpacker's Shop. We got the essentials: first aid kit, emergency blankets, duct tape, protractor compass and we both picked up backpacks with bladders. We tried out Camelbacks but ended up falling head over heels for the Osprey line. I absolutely love mine. Poor Greg started panicking when he saw that I liked the more compact one and, it was at that moment, he started telling the sales associates that he was my Sherpa for this race! Obviously, my "Sherpa" purchased an Osprey with more storage!

We are nervous and excited since this is new territory for both of us. I've been reading up on orienteering and it's really quite a mentally and intellectually challenging sport. It's going to be awesome - we'd have it no other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment