Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 in Review - or How I Made Silver Status

What a wonderful, exciting, blessed and exhausting year! On the running front, I successfully managed to score personal bests or PRs in the 5k, half marathon and marathon distances with significantly better performances - very happy!

On the traveling front, I had a fantastic year traveling with family and even started a new "girls trip" tradition with my two daughters, who also have my love for traveling. We took our first weekend trip in July to New Hampshire and Vermont - what a wonderful time!

As far as checking off states, 2010 was busy! I checked off, with the help of Greg, Megan and Bridget, the following eight states by running 2 marathons, 2 half marathons, 2 10k races (I ran a half and a 10k in Delaware), 5 miler, 8 miler and an Adventure Race, which was quite the adventure!

Delaware
Minnesota
New Hampshire
Vermont
Utah
Arkansas
New Mexico
Rhode Island


I also tackled the Run for Regis Trail Half Marathon in the snow in January and the Fools 25k trail run in the mud in March. And to top things off, I logged in slightly over 1,000 miles during 2010, dropping from a tight size 12 to a loose size 10 in the process.

I think i'll race less in 2011 and try to enjoy each racing event more - a lesson I learned the hard way as I spent December nursing a very tender achilles and sore knee. Although, I did make Silver Elite Status again on Continental. So here's to another year of possible upgrades from Coach to First Class (phew!).

I'm not really a "resolutions" kind of girl. Instead, I like to set little goals - something achievable, not too lofty, but makes me work a little harder. So this year, I'm going to try to use a little less profanity (blech, that's going to be H-E-double toothpicks hard), floss a little more (my dentist will be appreciative), play outside a little more with my girls (does putting B in the jogging stroller count?), spend at least a half hour each evening with just the husband (watching Glee on dvr counts, right?), and check off at least five more states this year with the help of my family.

Now, I just have to figure out where the 2011 girls trip will lead us?!

May 2011 be everything you want it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment