Friday, January 14, 2011

Music Rediscovered

I'm a channel surfer. While driving, I am constantly in search/scan mode until I hear just the right song. It's as if I'm the Jack Welch of channel surfing - I'm looking for "A" songs and willing to skip or sacrifice (or fire) "C" songs. On my drive home today, I came across a blast from the past and may have to pay a visit to iTunes to acquire the cheesy 90s download...can you name that tune:

I want a girl with extensions in her hair
Bamboo earrings, at least two pair
A Fendi bag and a bad attitude
That's all I need to get me in a good mood
She can walk with her switch and talk with street slang
love when I woman ain't afraid to do her thang
Standin' at the bus stop, suckin' on a lollipop
When she gets pumpin', it's hard to make the hotty stop

Come on, LL Cool J didn't become the Ladies Love Cool James for no reason. The man's a genius. I mean, who can get by with mentioning a Bobby Brown button and biking shorts in the same rhyme...genius...simply genius.

Perm in your hair, or even a curly weave
With your New Edition/Bobby Brown button on your sleeve
I tell you come here
You say meet me half way
'Cause brothers been poppin' that yang all day
Around the way, you're like neighborhood jewel
All the homeboys sweat ya, so you're crazy cool
Wear your gold in the summer with your biking shorts
While your watchin' all the brothers on the basketball court
Goin' to the movies with your homegirl's crew
While the businessmen in suits be hawkin' you

It's going to be hard to top tomorrow's channel surfing.

Good luck to Karen and all the other Regis runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment