Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The People at My Gym

After awhile of going to a gym at the same time everyday, you start to recognize "the regulars." Yesterday, as I'm on the dreadmill looking around (whining inside about not running), I couldn't help but make up little stories about my regular gym-mates. There's this older man, probably in his mid 60s with the fittest calves I've seen. He has to be a cyclist, I figure. Every day he is striding away on the Nordic Trak. My gym only has one of these, which sits directly in front of my treadmill. I have 7 TVs available to watch, but instead I watch him. He strides with such ease, whereas I would no doubt look clumsy. Then I catch a glance of his cut calves and I can't help but wonder how many hours a week he spends on that thing.

Then there's this guy in his 30s who wears a bandana on his head EVERY day...and get this, it's a different color each day. He runs super fast (you know, faster than me). I keep trying to catch a glance at his control board, but without my glasses, there's no chance in hell I could tell. He also wears different marathon shirts. But seriously, who can run an hour or more during their lunch? I can't figure out what job he has. And where does he do his bandana shopping?

There's also this younger female who stares down at us from the second floor. It's like she's the warden and is making sure we don't get all cardio crazy. She's got a body builder's physique and scares the crap out of me. I've decided to never mess with the warden.

So do you frequent a gym? Do you have "regulars" you watch, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment