Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Newest Addiction: Garmin

I know! I am so late to the party! I must be that kid that always got the new shoes half-way through the school year! For my birthday (yes, in February), my family presented me with a lovely package to open - the Garmin 305. I finally took the time yesterday during my lunch hour to read the instructions. I know...you're wavering between "she's so inconsiderate not to appreciate a gift RIGHT AWAY" while at the same time thinking, "Yeah, I get that. I'm super swamped, too. Who has time for reading directions?!" Now, whoever designed the instruction package for Garmin must have been someone who already had an understanding of parts and widgets and whatnot. Remembering that I had stumbled across this blog, and remembering that he had done product reviews, I immediately pulled him up on my trusty little computer (the one thing I actually know how to operate). Complete with pictures and idiot-proof instructions, the DC Rainmaker walked me through my Garmin 305. Today, with the weather absolutely beautiful at 50+ degrees, sunshine and little to no wind, I set off to locate those satellites. My gosh, I'm addicted. I was a running fool out there, I tell ya! I kept looking to see what my pace was and I actually got pissed when it registered a number I didn't like. This is exactly what I needed to take my running to the next level - you know the level - the one where you finish in the MIDDLE THIRD of the pack! Who knows, with Garmy by my side, I might just finish in the top 25 (of my age group, at a small race)!

Today's guilty pleasure: driving with my sunroof open! Who knew that would turn out to be so pleasurable. That's what living in northern Ohio with 6 months of winter will do to you - make you grateful to use that one car option!

If you have any inside information, tips or tricks that you love about your Garmin, fire them off to me. I'm looking forward to being able to do more than just "pace" myself!

1 comment:

  1. haha I don't own a Garmin. I am one of those weird runners. I just use a stop watch. I think if I did own one, I would obsess about it as I tend to do about things so it's probably a good thing I don't have one. LOVE driving with the sunroof open. In fact, here in PA, where the weather isn't altogether different from OH, I have been know to drive with the sunroof open in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete