Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wyoming Was a Success

What a fun way to knock out the 43rd state in our quest to reach all 50 states! We got up bright and early Saturday morning and left our hotel in Fort Collins, Colorado to begin the one hour trek up to Laramie, Wyoming. I knew the weather was going to a bit chilly, which didn't worry me...until I woke up and heard there would be snow flurries. Ouch! I had brought shorts, planning on the high 40s, but Mother Nature had other plans. No worries, I did have a pair of yoga pants and a wool black turtleneck. I'd be stylin' out there at the University of Wyoming School of Law Ambulance Chase.

The race started with runners being led by an ambulance. That's right - an ambulance! Afterall, it was an "ambulance chase" with lawyers! I started out at my usual 5k race pace, but then a few minutes in to the race my legs started to feel like lead. Then I began sounding like a prank caller with my heavy breathing. Wait - how high were we in Wyoming. Ahh, a little over 7,500 feet. Damn you altitude!

I decided that if I was going to finish this race without my heart exploding, then I'd need to take strategic walk breaks. I've never felt like such a wuss!

So how was it even possible that I finished 2nd in my age group of 40-49 year old? I dunno, but it happened and I couldn't be more thrilled! My second place finish earned me a large University of Wyoming College of Law coffee mug! I can't wait to drink my morning cup-o-joe now!

Welcome to Wyoming (I'm holding my treasured coffee mug).


Bridget hanging out with Socrates at the law school.


Great day and we are over 80% to reaching our goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment