Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eating Healthy: Veggie Pizza


I made this pizza the other night and I can't wait to make it again - yum! Very simply, I bought pre-made crust (some off-brand because I was too tight to pay for Boboli). I began with a thin layer of reduced fat, pre-made pesto. Added a layer of artichokes, red onions, and banana peppers. Sprinkled some fresh ground pepper and garlic. Topped the pizza with a little mozzarella (by a little, I mean I dumped half the bag!). Popped it in the oven for 10-12 minutes and presto - magic to the mouth!

I'd love to hear if you have a meatless dish that's your go-to recipe!

Today's guilty pleasure: olive. I was going to add olives to my pizza, but I ate them all before they could make it to the layering!

2 comments:

  1. yum! this looks delicious (and it's about as technical as I get in the kitchen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that lentils or quinoa make a good go-to base for a veggie dish. I also just do random stir fries with whatever veggies are in the house.

    ReplyDelete