- Go hang out at the Cleveland Aquarium. Sea Monsters - Truth or Tale is the special feature at the Cleveland Aquarium and, at just $19.95 for adults and $13.95 for kids, it's a real value.
- Enjoy Fairytales and Frogs at the Cleveland Zoo's Rainforest. We participated in this event 3 years ago and it was absolute fun. Bridget dressed up as Sleeping Beauty, which was so cool. Everyone is encouraged to dress like a princess, prince or frog. We have a Zoo Membership (best money spent!), but daily admission to the Rainforest is just $8.25 for adults and $5.25 for kids. The Zoo is free on Mondays to Cuyahoga County residents.
- Take in the beauty of Orchid Mania at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. Adults are $9.50 and children 3-12 are $4.00. There's even a chocolate-scented orchid to enjoy. The Glasshouse has always been my favorite features of the CBG, featuring Costa Rica Rainforest and the Spiny Desert of Madagascar.
- Medina Ice Festival for some amazing ice carving and ice wine.
- President's Day Extravaganza at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. Parents are $12.00 and kids are $6.00 for a day of fun.
- Any of the Cleveland Metroparks Reservations for some great hiking. There's a Skunk Cabbage hike from 10-11 a.m., Little Explorers: Winter Birds from 10-11:15 a.m., as well as activities at the Brecksville Nature Center and the Rocky River Nature Center.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Fun Stuff in CLE on President's Day
If you're lucky enough to have the President's Day holiday off, there's plenty of wonderful things to do in and around Cleveland. You could: