Monday, January 21, 2013

Meatless Monday: Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili

Since I'm home today, and it's FREEZING outside, I thought a nice big bowl of soup and crusty bread sounded perfect. Maybe you'll even be tempted to join me for this meatless soup. The recipe calls for using just black beans. Since I don't have black beans in my pantry at the moment, I'll be substituting a bean mix. I'll let you know how that substitution impacts this recipe.

Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili

3-15 oz. cans black beans
2-14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
1 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp nutmet
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment